Read on, to know how you can Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card. Suppose you’re Travelling abroad for a vacation or had to urgently go overseas on a business trip, will you go without your debit card? Of course no. So will your domestic debit card work? It will, but the cost will touch the sky. All you need is a debit card from the bank that holds your account for the time for the time you are out of the country or your duration of stay. Yes, you can access your domestic SBI debit card overseas. But you will be charged high and will have to pay an exorbitant fee on taking cash from a foreign ATM or complete a transaction at a POS terminal.
SBI Debit Card is just simply a Base Debit Card helpful for domestic usage only. As per the RBI guidelines, Banks issues Debit Cards only for domestic usage or within the country until and unless the customer specify for his/her international usage. If you are owning SBI Classic Debit card, then international transactions will just not work. These Classic cards are just for domestic uses. International transactions will not be possible if you have an SBI Classic Debit card. Classic cards are exclusively and specially intended for usage in the home/country.
State Bank of India is the largest bank, undoubtedly in the public banking sector of India. It is the largest and famous Indian Multinational financial services company having trust of millions of people in the country. It is owned by the government. It has approximately has 198 offices across 37 countries, and across 72 countries it has 301 correspondents.
SBI account holders in India surely enjoy multiple benefits and facilities for its excellent banking services within the country as well as across the boundaries. If you use SBI debit card, you can freely use it in selected countries. You will just need to enable International Transaction facility on your debit card. This article will tell you some of the best ways to activate International Transaction on your SBI debit card.
So remember to upgrade your classic card to global card before you take your leave and enable this incredible feature. SBI debit card international transaction limit varies from country to country. You can withdraw maximum of foreign currency equivalent of Rs. 40,000 INR at a time from ATMs.
State Bank of India provides many online services to its customers for easy access to their account and managing account-related services. As per new RBI guidelines, to use your SBI debit card internationally, you have to enable the card for international transactions manually before doing any transaction. SBI gives an easy way to enable international transaction on SBI debit card. In this guide, we will see how to enable International transaction on SBI debit card using SBI Yono App, SBI Yono Lite App and Via SMS without internet in a step by step manner.
- What are the things required to Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card?
- What are the 3 ways to activate International transaction on SBI Debit Card?
- Advantages of Using an International Debit Card While Traveling
- Contact Details :
What are the things required to Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card?
Here, we have mentioned few necessary details required to activate your SBI debit card for international transactions.
- Mobile Number : The mobile number you got registered with the SBI bank account should be with you and available to enable international transaction.
- Mobile should be active or recharged as to be able to send and receive SMS.
- make sure you have your last 4 Digits of your SBI debit card noted down somewhere with you.
- To access SBI Apps, you should be knowing your Internet Banking user ID/ password OR
- SBI Yono App six-digit PIN/YONO Lite App six-digit PIN.
- You must remember your SBI profile password (if you are using Yono App)
What are the 3 ways to activate International transaction on SBI Debit Card?
In this, we will be talking and discussing each of those 3 ways to activate international transaction on SBI debit card.
- By accessing SBI Yono App.
- By accessing SBI Yono Lite App.
- By sending SMS from your notarized or registered mobile number (but without Internet).
STEP 1 – How to Activate International transaction on SBI debit card using SBI Yono App
- First download the SBI Yono App from Playstore on your smartphone.
- Get yourself register/enroll on the app using your Mobile number.
- After the OTP verification, your Internet banking user id password will be available to you.
- Log in to the Yono app using six-digit PIN.
- Tap on Menu icon from the top left side.
- Tap on Service Request option from the menu
- Now, click on ATM/Debit Card option given.
- Enter your SBI profile password and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- A new screen will appear, on it, tap on Manage Card option
- From the drop-down menu, select account number.
- Then select the card number and click on “Manage Usage” option.
- Now, Enable International Usage by tapping on a Toggle button.
- make sure to click on ‘Next’ button to submit the request.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and click on Submit button.
- That’s it your request to activate your Debit card for international transactions is processed successfully.
STEP 2 – How to Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card using SBI Yono Lite App
- Download SBI Yono Lite App on your smartphone.
- Register with mobile number and OTP verification.
- Log in to the app by entering the six-digit PIN and then tap on Manage Cards option.
- Then tap on Manage Cards option from the menu
- Now, tap on Manage Debit Card option
- Select Account number from the list, Select Card number from the list.
- You can view the various modes of payment. Enable International Transaction option by tapping on the toggle button in front of International transaction option.
- You will also need to enter the limit of transactions. (Just enter maximum allowed limit if that’s ok with you) and tap on SUBMIT button.
- Once again check your selected options and then tap on CONFIRM button.
- On the new screen, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- After confirming OTP, your transaction will be enabled.
- You will get the SMS message regarding the same.
Method 3 – Activate International Transaction on SBI Debit Card by sending SMS
If you are using a smart and advanced phone or don’t feel safe to use apps for enabling international transactions, you don’t need to worry as you can do it by sending SMS from your registered mobile number. This is among the simplest way to allow international transactions on your SBI Debit Card. You must type a unique code and transmit it to a certain phone number. Your mobile number must be working and should have a balance or recharge to be able to send and receive SMS.
- Open the general messaging app on your phone and compose a new SMS.
- Type the following text & send it on 9223966666
- SBI enable international transactions by SMS – Type SWON <space> INTL <space> <Last four digits of debit card>
- After sending this SMS, you will get a reply SMS, stating that your international transactions are activated successfully.
Advantages of Using an International Debit Card While Traveling
- Bank customers can now make transactions in anywhere outside India in foreign currencies using an international debit card.
- When travelling overseas, one usually carries lots of money but using an international debit card, the person would no longer need to carry cash. That’s what it means to be cashless and yet enjoying.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you can promptly get it block from any location on this planet.
- International debit cards offer amazing discounts, offers on a variety of items, limited access to airport lounges, and also get to earn reward points with every transaction.
- isn’t it amazing that an international debit card comes with personal injury. Yes, insurance.
- Air travel insurance coverage may be the most important benefit here.
- The insurance will definitely kick in and support you if something goes wrong.
So that’s how all of you can enable or activate your International Transaction system on your SBI Debit Card. You can select any of the ways mentioned above in the article and enjoy SBI Banking facilities with enabled International Transaction facilities. SBI offers incredible and useful banking solutions to its customers. SBI offers flexibility to its customers to select any option as per their convenience.
Contact Details :
Toll-free number: 1800 180 1290
Tolled number: 1860 180 1290
Official Website: www.onlinesbi.com
Email ID : e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope this piece of writing was helpful enough for each of you who are travelling abroad and looking to apply for its International transactions. Make sure you share this with all those you think need this information.
For more queries contact us below in the comment section.
Thank you for reading!