Debit Cards have become hugely popular nowadays with almost everyone using them. State Bank of India or SBI provides debit cards to its customers who want to use them and have a banking account. The first question that often comes up is how to activate an SBI debit card or how to use an SBI ATM card the first time.
In earlier times, PIN numbers were hidden in the scratch-off code which was sent through post or mail. Today, SBI ATM activation has become more safe and secure with the replacement of Green PINS.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card?
These Green PINS are then replaced with the actual PIN. SBI ATM card activation can be done in 4 different ways, which the new SBI debit card user can easily do-
- SBI ATM Card Activation by SMS
- SBI Debit Card Activation Through Call or IVR
- SBI PIN Generation by Going to ATM
- SBI PIN Number Through Internet Banking (INB)
Follow any one of these 4 steps and activate the SBI debit card. Get your SBI debit card pin and soon use it for transactions or any other use like online shopping.
Let us look into the ways:
1. How to Activate SBI Debit Card by SMS?
Perhaps one of the most convenient and easy methods to generate an SBI PIN is through SMS.
- Open your phone and tap the message box
- In the message box, type the following- PIN Last 4 Digits of ATM card Last 4 digits of Bank account number
- From your registered mobile number, send the SMS to 567676
- A 4 digit code will be sent via SMS or message to you on your registered phone number. It is temporary and for one-time use. (Please note that the code remains valid only for 24 hours)
- Go to SBI ATM that is working and nearest to our location.
- You need to insert an SBI ATM card in the correct way. Select the option BANKING and then PIN CHANGE. Then enter the 4 digit PIN in the ATM screen SBI has sent you to your phone.
- Now you can set a new PIN for the SBI debit card. (Please note that you have to do this on the ATM screen)
SBI Debit card will be activated for further use. You will also get a message- “Your PIN has been changed Successfully”
Also, keep in mind that from now on this will be your new pin. So remember it carefully without any mistakes.
2. How to Generate SBI PIN Through Call?
This method is also known as Interactive Voice Response or IVR. Apart from the previous method, you can also use this technique to generate the SBI ATM PIN number.
- Open your phone and go to the Phone Call section
- Dial 1800112211 or 18004253800 from the phone number you have registered in SBI
- Follow the instructions and type your entire ATM card number and then your SBI Account number. Do the following as instructed. (Tip- You can keep your bank documents close to you so that you can write it without any mistake)
- You will get the 4 digit code through SMS again. (TIP- Don’t delete the message immediately)
- Within 24 hours go to your nearest ATM machine
- Again insert the Debit card in the correct way
- Enter the 4 digit password you have received and then set a new debit card pin.
- The activation of the SBI ATM card will be complete.
3. How to Activate Your SBI PIN at the SBI ATM Machine?
For this process, you need to go to your nearest SBI ATM. To generate SBI PIN follow the steps one by one:
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM. (TIP- Make sure the ATM is functional)
- Insert the SBI debit card in the correct way.
- You will see a PIN GENERATION option. Select it.
- Go through the instructions on the screen. You will be asked to type your full account number. Do it carefully and press Confirm.
- Next, you have to enter the registered mobile number for SBI. Check after entering it and press CONFIRM.
- You will soon see a message on the screen- “Your Green Pin will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number”. Wait for a few minutes for the message to arrive on your Phone
- Once you have received the temporary pin, press confirms again.
- Now remove the SBI debit card and reinsert it again.
- You will see a “Banking” option. Select it and then proceed to select your language which can be English, Hindi, or any one of the native languages.
- On the screen, there will appear a “Select Transaction” menu. Select it and then again select the “PIN Change” option.
- Now type a new 4 digit PIN and type it again if it asks to reconfirm it.
- Your new SBI ATM card PIN will be activated once you follow all these above steps.
- A message will be sent to your registered phone number- “Your PIN has been changed successfully.”. This is the SBI Debit card activation SMS.
4. How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN Through Internet Banking (INB)?
Internet Banking has become very popular these days. Within the comforts of your home, you can make digital transactions. SBI PIN numbers can also be generated through this Internet Banking method.
To follow this method, you need to be an Internet Banking user from before.
- Open a tab on your computer and go to OnlineSBI.com
- Login with the correct password into your account
- You will see an “ATM Card Services” page. Go to that page.
- Select the “ATM PIN Generation” option.
- For the next step, you need to select “Using One Time Password” or “Using Profile Password”. Choose anyone to move to the next step.
- Now click on your connected Bank Account and card number and on Submit.
- You will see an option SBI debit card. Select it to press CONFIRM.
- A new tab will open. It will be the ATM PIN Generation page. Enter any two digits of your choice to make a new PIN. Press on SUBMIT.
- Next, you need to enter the new two-digit PIN that you just created and then the remaining two digits which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- A message will appear on the screen- “Your ATM PIN has been changed successfully.”
- Now go to the e-Services option and select ATM Card Services. Then again click on the “New ATM Card Activation” option.
- Your card would be activated for further transactions.
With any one of these 4 given methods, you can generate SBI PIN number. It will help you to successfully activate your SBI Debit Card. Your all questions regarding how to activate my new SBI card or how to activate new SBI ATM card in ATM machine will be solved once you follow one of the methods. Then you can go for online transactions or any other such things effortlessly.
Keep in Mind:
- Keep your bank details only to you to avoid any kind of fraud.
- Try to create a PIN that you will remember.
- Do not share your Pin number with any other person.
- Always insert the SBI debit card in the correct manner.
- Use an ATM that is functional and working.
In case you forget the steps, keep this tab opened so that you can see the steps one by one.
We hope that we were able to solve your problem, in case you have any queries or something regarding the same then feel free to drop in the comment section below we would be happy to help you out. Thank you for visiting BankGuide.in.