- How to Block ICICI debit card online/offline?
- Requirements to block ICICI debit card –
- How to block ICICI debit card Online/Offline Instantly?
- How to unblock ICICI debit card online?
- Helpdesk :
How to Block ICICI debit card online/offline?
ICICI bank provides us with numerous online digital banking facilities through their App having features of digital banking and through net banking as well. you can carry out your transactions, swipe your card anywhere, withdraw your money from ATM with the help of their provided debit card facilities. In cases where due to some circumstances, your debit card is misplaced or lost by you and the concern arises whether the card is being misused by someone for their vicious interests, the first and the foremost step one should take is to you should block the card immediately. ICICI has many ways through which you can block your ICICI debit card instantly. This article will briefly inform you about each method on how to block ICICI debit card in couple of minutes by iMobile App, SMS, WhatsApp, internet banking etc. Here methods are shown point wise so that you can block your ICICI card immediately and stop any kind of fraud or misuse.
Requirements to block ICICI debit card –
There are few things mentioned down which you must remember while blocking your card immediately. Ensure that you have at least one of them with you –
- Your valid Mobile Number registered with the bank.
- The mobile number should be active and with recharge/balance and should be able to make calls.
- Your Password and User ID of ICICI Internet Banking.
- Make sure you have ‘iMobile App’ installed in your smartphones and get yourself registered on it.
Note : Things to remember before blocking your ICICI debit card
- If you damaged your card or it is stolen then you have to block it permanently.You cannot unblock it. You will have to apply for a new card in this case.
- If your card is lost/misplaced and you believe that you may find the card later, then you can go for the Temporarily block option and afterwards get it unblock using the steps mentioned in the later part of this article.
How to block ICICI debit card Online/Offline Instantly?
Online banking has genuinely reduced lots of stress and work load from our shoulders. At the time of emergency, think how difficult it would get for someone to visit bank branch to get their card blocked. In these untimely situations, there are currently four methods available, through which you can instantly block the card. These methods are –
- By calling customer care toll free number.
- By using iMobile App.
- By using Internet Banking.
- By Whatsapp Banking.
- We will see each method in detail –
1 – Block ICICI debit card by toll-free number
You can also call customer care and ask them to block your card.
- Dial this number from the number you have registered in bank.
- ICICI debit card block toll-free number – 18001038181
- For reporting loss of card, press 0
- For reporting loss of Debit card, press 1
- For confirming blocking debit card, press 1
2 – Block ICICI debit card using Whatsapp
Using whatsapp here is the easiest and quickest method for the ICICI bank holders to block the card instantly.
With the help of Whatsapp, you can easily block your card on the go –
- Add the ICICI banking number to your Whatsapp – +91 86400 86400
- Start a chat on the number by sending a ‘Hi’.
- In response, you will get the message of a main menu.
- From the menu, select Block/Unblock Card option
- Next, select the debit card from the list.
- You can now select whether you are planning to block card temporarily or Permanently.
- In response reply, your card will be blocked.
3 – Block ICICI debit card using iMobile App
If you have installed and registered for iMobile App, you can block your debit card within seconds.
- Open iMobile Pay App on your smartphone
- login with PIN/Password.
- From the Homepage, tap on ‘Services‘ option from the bottom menu.
- Then tap on ‘Card Services‘ option.
- Under the sub-menu, tap on ‘Block/Unblock Debit Card‘ option.
- From the new page, Select Account number, Card number, and Block Type as Temporary or Permanent.
- You can now tap on Submit button to block the card.
4 -Block ICICI debit card by internet banking
- Open ICICI bank website on your computer/smartphone browser – icicibank.com
- Click on the login button and enter your User ID and Password.
- Then click on the ‘CARDS’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Debit card‘ option.
- On the new display, you can see the card details.
- Click on ‘Block Card‘ option.
- From the new page, go to the section of Account number and select Card number from the drop-down menu.
- Also, choose the type of blocking as temporary or permanent.
- Also, select the reason for blocking as Damaged, Lost, Stolen, etc.
- Read the terms and conditions and then tick mark on I read t&C.
- That’s it, finally, click on Submit button and confirm the same on the next page.
By using these easy ways, you can block ICICI debit card online as well as offline.
Things required to unblock ICICI debit card online –
You should have the following things with you to get your card working again –
- Make sure you have registered mobile number with you.
- The mobile number should be valid and active to be able to receive OTP via SMS.
- You can also access your registered email address to get OTP.
- your ICICI internet banking Username and password.
- your ICICI iMobile App login details.
How to unblock ICICI debit card online?
Now here is how you can easily unblock card. There are currently three methods available –
- Using Internet Banking
- Using iMobile App
- Using Whatsapp
1 – How to Unblock ICICI debit card using Internet Banking
- Visit ICICI website on your computer/smartphone at – icicibank.com
- Click on the Login button
- There enter your user id and password to log in to your account.
- From the main menu, go for ‘OVERVIEW‘, and then from the sub-menu, click on the ‘My View‘ option.
- Then under Services section, click on ‘Block or Unblock ATM/Debit Card‘.
- On the new page, select the account number and then Debit Card, which you want to unblock.
- Select the ‘Unblock’ radio button and then select the reason to Unblock the card.
- Now, tick the Terms and condition box.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit‘ button.
- You will receive an OTP. Enter it in the box.
- Congratulations, your card is now unblocked.
- You will also receive an SMS at the same time stating that your card is unblocked successfully.
2 – How to Unblock ICICI debit card using iMobile App.
- Open iMobile App on your smartphone. If you haven’t registered for the iMobile App, read this guide.
- Log in to the App using a four-digit PIN/password or fingerprint authentication.
Then from the Main dashboard, tap on the ‘Services’ option
- Now, tap on the ‘Card Services’ option.
- Under the card services menu, tap on the ‘Block/Unblock Debit Card‘ option.
- Then select card type, unblock as action to perform, account number, and debit card to unblock from the respective drop-down list.
- Also, select the reason to unlock and then press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and press Submit button.
- That’s all you have to do to get your card unblocked.
3 – Unblock your ICICI debit card using Whatsapp
ICICI provides a Whatsapp banking feature. Whatsapp is very accessible and easy for people of all age group, even those who are not so tech savvy. In this feature,using your registered mobile number on WhatsApp; you can manage your account easily.
- Click on the ICICI WhatsApp banking number on your WhatsApp – 8640086400
- Type the message ‘menu’ to start a chat.
- In the response, you will receive the main menu.
- From the main menu, choose ‘Block/Unblock Card’ option.
- type them ‘Unblock’ and send.
- Next, select the card number from the list of cards shown.
- You will now receive a six-digit OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter that OTP on WhatsApp chat and send.
- Your card will get unblocked within few minutes.
Q. How to block ICICI debit card by SMS?
A. Presently, there is no such way to block debit card by sending SMS.
Contact customer :
- Personal Banking.
- Corporate Banking. 1860 120 6699.
1860 120 6699.
Official Website of ICICI : www.icicibank.com
Install the ICICI App in your phone from PlayStore.
Hope the information provided above in the article helped you to understand the process of blocking and unblocking your ICICI debit card just in few seconds.
If you think this article is helpful enough then please share it with your friends, family and co-workers. Comment down below your queries and doubts.
Thank you for reading!