Did you know that you can open free savings account from your post office? Not known to many, the post office offers online services like funds transfer, check your current account balance, and receiving a mini statement. You can do all of these from the comforts of your home. In this article, we will tell you how to get your post office account balance.
How to Check Balance in Post Office Account?
Things you may need to check your post office account balance
- Your post office registered mobile number.
- A functional plan for your registered mobile number so that you can get an OTP through SMS.
- CIF number and your DOB for registration in the mobile app.
6 Methods to Do Your Post Office Account Balance Enquiry:
In this article, we will tell you all the 6 available methods to find your Post Office account balance. You can use any of the 6 methods to know about your current account balance from the Post Office. The 6 methods are-
- Through SMS Banking.
- Via Missed call.
- Using IPPB Mobile Banking App.
- Through Phone banking.
- Via Scanning QR card.
- Using UPI App.
Let us look into all of the above methods one by one to know how to get an account balance from the post office.
Method 1 – How to Get Post Office Account Balance Enquiry Through SMS Banking?
Checking your account balance by SMS is one of the quickest methods to do. Here are the steps-
- Open your phone which has your registered mobile number with the post office.
- Now open the message box and type REGISTER.
- Send the message to the following number- 7738062873
- After your registration is successful, again type BAL in the message box. Now send it again to the number- 7738062873.
- You will soon receive a message where you can view your post office account balance.
Method 2 – How to Check Post Office Account Balance via Missed Call?
Another easy way to get your account balance of Post Office is through missed calls. It is also a time-saving way to see your current balance in Post office account. Here are the steps-
- Take your phone which has your registered mobile number in your Post Office account.
- Now open your dial pad and type the following number- 8424054994.
- Press call and give a missed call.
- Wait for a few seconds for a message to arrive.
- Once the message arrives, you can open it to view your current account balance from your Post office Bank account.
- You can also receive a mini statement from your Post office bank account by giving a missed call to the following number- 8424026886.
Method 3 – How to Check Post Office Account Balance Using Mobile App?
To follow this method, you need to download a mobile app to see your post office account balance. You can use this method again and again one you have downloaded the app to know your Post office account balance. Here are the steps-
- For the first step, you need to download the IPPB mobile banking app on your mobile phone.
IPPB Mobile Banking for Android: Visit Playstore
IPPB Mobile Banking for iOS: Visit Apple Store
- Now you need to register for the mobile app. For registration, you will require your Account number, Date of Birth, CIF number, and registered mobile number with Post Office.
- Once you have typed all the details, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
- Enter this OTP to verify your identity.
- Now the registration will be successful. Move on to set the MPIN for logging in to the app.
- Once the log in is successful, you will be able to see your current account balance on your Post Office Savings account.
Method 4 – How to Check Post Office Account Balance by Phone Banking?
This method uses a toll-free number to get your account balance from Post Office. Here are the easy steps to know how to check post office online account balance by phone banking-
- For this method, you need to dial the following number from your registered mobile number with post office- 155299
- Next, you will need to follow the IVRS instructions.
- Next, you have to select the language you want to hear.
- Now, you need to select your account details.
- The last step will require you to select the Get account balance option.
- Now you will be able to hear your current account balance from the post office.
Method 5 – How to Check Post Office Balance Account Using Qr Code?
Another simple method is using the scanning option to get your account balance from the post office. Here are the easy steps-
- Your post office will give you a QR code card once you have opened the savings account.
- Open your mobile phone scanner through any app.
- Proceed to scan the QR code printed on the card given by the Post Office.
- Wait to receive an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP as required.
- Next, you need to enter the OVD verification.
- After a few seconds, you will get your account balance on your phone.
Method 6 – How to Check Online Balance of Post Office Account Using a UPI App?
This step will require you to have an ATM card for your Post Office savings account. The steps mentioned below are simple and very quick to do. Read on to know more-
- For the first step, you can download any UPI app on your phone. You can use GooglePay, Phonepe, or any other similar app.
- Next, you will be required to register on the app using your mobile number, and ATM card number.
- After the registration is successful, go to home page of the UPI app.
- You will be able to see a Check Balance option on the home page.
- Select the Check Balance option.
- Next you need to enter your UPI PIN.
- Now you will be able to see your Post office account balance enquiry on your phone’s screen.
These were all the 6 methods through which you can do a post office online account balance inquiry. All the methods are simple and easy and you will be able to view your account balance online from the post office effortlessly.
You may also like to read about :
We hope we were able to clear all your doubts. In case you have any comments, please feel free to leave a comment in the section below. We will get back to you as soon as we can!