Central Bank of India, a banking giant of India, is one of the government-owned banks. Based in Mumbai, it falls under the category of being the largest and oldest bank in India. Founded on 21st December, 1911, the bank has had a successful venture in the many Indian states. With over 4000 branches, Central Bank of India offers multiple services to its customers. In this guide we will tell you how to find Central Bank of India CIF number online
CIF is a unique number given to every customer of Central Bank of India. CIF is used so that one can identify their own bank accounts in Central Bank of India. CIF is a useful feature, especially if one has many accounts under Central Bank of India like saving accounts, loan accounts etc.
A Few Facts about CIF:
- The full form of CIF is Customer Information File.
- Central Bank of India provides a 11 digit CIF number.
- Every customer of Central Bank of India has a CIF number.
- By entering the CIF number, employees of Central bank of India can see all the relevant banking details of the customer.
Uses of CIF number
- The most essential use of CIF is during the registration for Central bank of India net banking account online.
- Transfer of funds from one branch to the other.
How to Know CIF Number of Central Bank of India Account? Online and Offline Methods
You can easily find the CIF number for your Central Bank of India account very easily. You can follow both offline and online methods to know about the CIF number. Below we will list you both offline and online methods to get the CIF number.
Offline Methods to get CIF Number
- CIF number through Central Bank of India Passbook.
- CIF number through account statement.
- CIF number through Call Customer Care of Central Bank of India.
- CIF number through Cheque Booklet front page.
Online Methods to get CIF Number
- CIF number through Internet Banking of Central Bank of India.
- CIF number through Mobile App.
Methods to Get CIF Number for Your Central Bank of India Account
1. How to Find the CIF Number of the Central Bank of India Through the Passbook?
This is the simplest method to get your customer information number. You will only need your bank passbook of Central Bank of India. Here are the steps-
- Open your passbook.
- Go to the first page of your passbook.
- You will find your CIF number printed there.
2. How to Find the CIF Number of the Central Bank of India Through an Account Statement?
Apart from the first method, another useful method through offline way is by using the account statement. Here are the steps-
- Order an account statement from the Central Bank of India.
- Once you get the account statement, you will be able to find the CIF number printed on the first page.
3. How to Find the CIF Number of the Central Bank of India Using a Chequebook?
The third offline method to get CIF number from Central Bank of India is via your chequebook. Here are the steps-
- Open your account cheque book.
- You can find the CIF number on the very 1st page.
4. How to Get the CIF Number of the Central Bank of India via the Customer Care Number?
The customer care of Central bank of India is always available for call. The steps are-
- Open your phone and go to the call section.
- From your registered phone number with Central Bank of India, give it a missed call. The customer care number for Central Bank of India is 180022191.
- Once you have called the number, give them your account number. Then proceed to ask about your CIF number. Wait for a few seconds as the employee will tell you your customer information number.
5. How to Find the CIF Number by Internet Banking?
Internet banking is one of the useful features that Central bank of India provides to its customers. You can find your CIF number by internet banking sitting within the comforts of your home. Here are the steps-
- Go to the official website of Central bank of India.
- Login with your user id and password to your home page.
- After you login, you can find your CIF number on the homepage of your internet banking account of Central bank of India.
6. How to Find CIF Through Mobile App?
The second online method to find Central Bank of India CIF number is through the mobile application mPassbook. The steps are-
- Download the Cent-mPassbook app on your phone.
- After you have installed the app on your phone, login to the app with your user id and password.
- Now go to the menu option. There you will be able to see the User profile option. Click on it.
- That’s it. You can now view your CIF number.
Q. Is the Central bank of India safe to use?
A. Yes, the Central Bank of India is safe and secure.
Q. What is CIF?
A. CIF is the Customer Information Number with which every user of the Central bank of India is assigned with.
Q. Am I eligible to have CIF?
A. Yes, if you have a bank account with the Central bank of India, you will be given a CIF.
You might also like to read about central bank of india account balance enquiry number.
We have come to the end of the article. We hope we have solved all your queries. In case you have any further doubt, feel free to leave a comment below. Have a good day!