An e-Way bill is an electronically generated document that needs to be carried by the person who is in charge of the interstate and intrastate transport of goods. In this article, we will have a look at the various aspects of the current e way bill system along with other factors like login, registration and more. If you are in search of more of this information, make sure you read this article until the very end.
What is e-Way Bill System?
Every registered individual who is engaged in the transportation of goods that have a value of over ₹50000, outside or within the state of origin is required to generate an e-way bill. This bill is an electronically generated document that has relevant information about the goods in the transport. At the same time, the e-way bill can also be generated through the e-way bill Android app or the SMS method as well.
Every individual e-way bill is generated in three forms and have a unique e-way bill number also called the EBN. As mentioned, there are three copies of the GST e way bill which are to be distributed as follows. While one is for the supplier, the other one is for the recipient and the final one is for the transportation of goods.
What are the Benefits of the e-Way bill under the GST system?
The e-way bill system under GST e is beneficial in several ways for both the GST registered taxpayers as well as unregistered Transporters. It has simplified the process to a great extent which allows easy movement of goods and free trade.
Under the GST system, the same e-way bill can be used across all the union territories and states in the country. The advantage of this is that it allows for free moments from one state to another. If you compare this with the regular VAT regime, then the waybill was different for every state.
Since the bills were different for every state, this often hindered the transportation or movement of goods across the different states. At the same time, the central and state governments were unable to cross verify these bills as all of them were generated independently by every state. This is why the e-way bill under the GST system allows for easy transportation of goods from one state to the other.
Advantages of e-Way Bill
There are several benefits of the e way bill that you need to know.
• the e-way bill allows you to transport goods for allowing the movement of goods all over the country.
• With this e-way bill under the GST regime, there is no need for any transit pass in any state.
• Since the e-Way bill is an online process, traders need not visit any tax officers for collection or submission of the waybill forms under the GST regime.
• You can easily check the E Way bill that is generated by other GST registered individuals or businesses on the e-way bill portal
.Furthermore, you don’t have to keep multiple copies of the e-Way bill that allows you to save paper and makes it eco-friendly as well.
• At the same time, you can easily track the movement of goods online with the help of the e-Way bill number.
• Finally, e-Way billing has proven to increase the speed of the verification process. This, in turn, has allowed the flexibility of transportation as well.
Disadvantages of E-Way Bill
1. Increased bureaucracy: The introduction of E-way Bill has led to an increase in bureaucracy, with companies having to spend time and resources on understanding and complying with the new system.
2. Complexity: The E-way Bill system is complex and can be difficult to understand, particularly for smaller businesses. This can lead to confusion and errors.
3. Unreliable: The E way Bill system is not always reliable, with errors often occurring when generating bills. This can lead to delays and problems for businesses.
4. Inefficient: The E way Bill system is often inefficient, with slow processing times and a lack of functionality causing frustration for businesses.
5. Costly: The E way Bill system can be costly for businesses, with the requirement to purchase software or register for online accounts in order to use the system.
How To Register For E-way Bill System: GST Registered Taxpayers
If you wish to register for the e-way bill system under the GST registered taxpayers resume then these are the steps that you need to follow for the same
Step 1: The first step is to visit the e-way bill portal.
Step 2: Select the ‘e-way bill registration’ option that you can find under the ‘Registration’ tab. This will redirect you to an e-way bill registration form.
Step 3: Here, you will need to enter your GSTIN along with the captcha that is displayed on the screen. Now click on ‘Go’ and you will be redirected to a new page.
Step 4: Once you put in your GSTIN number along with the captcha, the Trade Name, Applicant Name, Mobile Number, Email Id will be auto-populated. For instance, if the details are incorrect or have been changed due to some, select the ‘Update from GST Common Portal’ option.
Step 5: Here, you will have to select the ‘Send OTP’ option to receive your OTP.
Step 6: Enter the OTP and click on ‘Verify OTP’ that will validate your credentials.
Step 7: At this stage, you will have to enter a username or user ID of your choice that will help you login in the future. Once you are done entering the values, the system will then validate the information. Now you can use this registered user ID and password to login into the portal.
How To Register For e-Way Bill for GST Unregistered Transporters?
You don’t have to be registered under GST for the registration with GST E Way bill login. If you need to for the e-Way bill system as a GST on registered transporter, then you will have to follow the steps that are given below.
Step 1: First, you have to visit the E waybill in the official portal.
Step 2: Here, select the ‘Enrolment for Transporters’ option that you find under the Registration Tab. Now you will be redirected to an Enrollment Form.
Step 3: You will have to select your State along with the PAN card and business details. Now, create yourself a username along with a strong password for future login purposes.
Step 4: Select the declaration form by validating that all of the information that you have provided is accurate.
Step 5: Here, you will need to click on the ‘Save’ button. At this stage, the system will now generate a unique 15-digit TRANSPORTATION ID.
Now, you can easily provide this TRANS ID to clients. This ID needs to be entered in the e-Way bill. This will enable the transporter to not only authorize the transport of goods but also to enter the vehicle number in the bill as well.
The Bottom Line
So, here we come to an end to this e-Way Bill information guide. We hope that you found this article to be informative and it helps you understand the GST E Way billing process. If there is anything you would like to know more about, feel free to let us know. Drop-in your comments and suggestions.
LIC Payslip and Salary Information