EPF or Employees Provident Fund is an organization that values its employee’s contribution and intends on taking care of their post-retirement needs. This is a government-backed organization and a retirement benefits scheme. In this blog post, We will discuss about EPF Login, EPF portal registration, EPF login password reset etc.
According to this scheme, the employers deducts a portion of the employee’s salary every month and keep it safe in the EPF account. Thus, it leaves you a corpus of your savings for your post-retirement needs or any emergency.
- What Should You Know About EPF Login or Employees Provident Fund?
- EPF Login Portal Registration
- EPF Login: How To Login Into The Portal For Employees & Employers?
- How To Reset EPF Login Password?
- How Can A User Claim Forms At EPFO Portal?
- EPFO Portal Services
- The Bottom Line
What Should You Know About EPF Login or Employees Provident Fund?
• Any organization that has more than 20 employees must register with the EPFO by law. It is a mandatory step that must be adhered to by all companies and organizations.
• EPF is an organization that is maintained by the Employees Provident Fund Organization of India (EPFO).
• When you start working, you are bound to pay 12% of your salary as an investment to the PPF account. This applies to both you and your employer as well.
• While the employer pays 12% for your EPF corpus, 8.33% goes to Employee’s Pension Scheme and the rest 3.67% directly goes to your EPF account.
• As decided by the government and central board of trustees, your funds earn an interest of about 8%-12% in the EPF account.
• If you happen to change your job, then it is mandatory to update the EPF details in your new organization.
• The funds in the EPF account is tax-free.
• Also, the funds are eligible for a tax deduction as per Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
EPF Login Portal Registration
If you wish to avail the wide range of online services, then you will first need to register yourself on the EPFO member portal. If you are an EPFO account holder, then you can easily register yourself at the EPFO portal. Here are the steps that you need to follow to register into the EPFO portal.
Step 1: The first step involves visiting the EPFO member portal.
Step 2: Now, select the “Online Services” tab. Further, select the “For Employees” option.
Step 3: Here, you need to select the “Member UAN/ Online Services” tab.
Step 4: After selecting, you will be redirected to the “UAN member e-Sewa portal”.
Step 5: This is where you can register yourself by clicking on the “Activate UAN.
Step 6: Here, you will need to provide some details that include the Aadhaar Card, Date of Birth, PAN card, UAN, mobile number, along with email ID.
Step 7: Enter all the essential details accurately. Once you are done, you will then receive a PIN on your registered mobile number.
Step 8: Enter the PIN to proceed with the validation process.
Step 9: Finally, the registration process on the EPF/UAN member portal is successfully complete.
EPF Login: How To Login Into The Portal For Employees & Employers?
First, we will look at the process of logging in to the EPF portal for employers. Let us have a look at the detailed process for the same.
Step 1: Visit the EPF portal. In the drop-down menu of “Online Services, select the “For Employers” option.
Step 2: You will find the”Services” tab. Select it and choose the “Online ECR/Challan Submission/OTCP” option.
Step 3: Finally, the employer can log in using the username that has been provided after the registration of the establishment.
Step 4: You will find the “Online Registration of Establishment” under the “Services” section.
How To Reset EPF Login Password?
If you have forgotten your EPFO password, then here is a simple way you can reset the password. Simply follow these steps given below.
Step 1: Visit the “EPFO/UAN member e-Sewa Portal“. You will find a “Forgot Password” option here. Click on it.
Step 2: Now you will have to enter the UAN or the Universal Account Number. Enter the captcha given below.
Step 3: At this stage, you will have to verify the registered mobile number using the OTP that is sent to your phone.
Step 4: Enter the OTO exactly as it is to proceed.
Step 5: Here, you will be redirected to a new page wherein you can reset your password.
Step 6: Enter a strong new password and click on “Confirm”.
How Can A User Claim Forms At EPFO Portal?
For users that have linked their Aadhaar to the UAN, you can easily raise a claim for partial or full withdrawal of the funds. This can be done post-retirement or when you are unemployed. To make things simpler, you can also give a request online for the transfer of funds.
You can log in using UAN and select the “Claim (Form 31, 19 & 10C)”. This can be found under the “Online Services” option. You can find member details wherein the user will first have to verify bank details.
EPFO Portal Services
1. EPF Member Passbook Download
An EPF member can easily track his/her transactions related to the EPF or EPS account using the EPF Member Passbook. It lists all of the transaction details for the user.
Besides, the EPF passbook also includes the details of the credited interest in the account. Users can easily access and download the EPF Passbook online.
2. Help desk
The EPFO offers a helpdesk for their employers and employees concerning the UAN. This is the Toll-free number that members can call and get help from –> 1800-118-005. You can ask your queries using a call or even consider sending an email for help.
3. One Employee-One EPF Account
The One Employee-One EPF Account is a new service launched by the EPFO organization. According to this service, all EPF members or account holders can merge their PF accounts under UAN. All this without the intervention of the employer.
This service is a beneficial one as it simplifies the tracking of all accounts. This ensures all of your accounts are in one place which makes it manageable.
The Bottom Line
Here we come to the end of this EPF Login article. Let us know what you think of the article and please consider sharing it with your friends and family. Do not forget to drop in your lovely suggestions and feedback.