In India, agriculture is the primary source of earning a livelihood for almost 70% of the rural population. Among them, about 82% of farmers are small and marginal farmers. However, their income largely depends on the climate and various other unpredictable factors, which sometimes results in heavy losses. To aid the small and marginal income farmers, India’s Government has introduced various schemes and programs. One such scheme is the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (abbreviated as PM KISAN). Although it is a central sector scheme, it is implemented on a State government level.
What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
The PM Kisan Yojana, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, came into effect on December 1, 2018.
The PM Kisan Scheme is an initiative by the Government of India to support our farmers and to provide them with a yearly amount of up to Rs.6000 in three installments as minimum income support. The scheme was budgeted for Rs.75,000 crore and aimed to cover about 125 million Indian farmers, regardless of their landholding size.
Who is eligible for the PM Kisan Yojana?
Any farmer with cultivable landholding registered on their name can apply to benefit from this scheme. Small and marginal farmers from both urban and rural areas are eligible under the scheme. A fund of Rs. 2000 every four months, will directly get transferred to the registered farmer’s bank account.
Who is not eligible for the PM Kisan Yojana?
People with higher economic status are not eligible under this scheme like any Institutional Land Holders and Farmers who have a member in their family from any one of the following categories;
- The former or current holder of any constitutional post.
- Serving or retired officers or employees of the central or state government.
- Any person who has paid income tax in the last year.
- Any pensioner with a monthly pension of more than 10000.
- Professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, CA, or architects are registered with professional bodies or carry out private practices.
FRUITS PM KISAN Scheme Karnataka
The Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System (Abbreviated as FRUITS PM Kisan Scheme) is a subsidiary of the PM Kisan Yojana launched by the Karnataka State Government to aid the farmers. The government offers some special benefits to farmers with cultivable lands to produce more for the state. It is a very thoughtful venture introduced by the government that truly benefits our hardworking farmers. To register oneself, any landholding farmer can apply online on the Karnataka FRUITS PM Kisan portal with minimal hassle and regularly check their application status.
Any eligible landholding farmer can visit the official website of FRUITS PM KISAN to register himself via the link: fruitspmk.karnataka.gov.in
How to register in the FRUITS PM KISAN scheme?
The state government of Karnataka has digitized the process of registration in the Fruits PM Kisan scheme. This spares you from traveling and standing in queues for long hours.
However, if you’re not sure about how to register on the scheme, do not worry. Just follow these simple steps to apply yourself for the scheme.
- Navigate to the official website: fruitspmk.karnataka.gov.in of the FRUITS PM Kisan portal.
- Once you reach the homepage, select “Farmer’s Corner” from the menu.
- Click on the New Farmer Registration from the options.
- You will be required to enter your Aadhaar Card Number in the mentioned tab.
- Next, Enter the captcha code in the correct order for quick verification.
- You will be redirected to an application form. Enter all the needed information about yourself, such as your name, address, mobile number, land details, income, and a few other things.
- Make sure all information entered is correct for a hassle-free process further.
- Click on “SUBMIT” to complete the registration process.
What are the requirements for registering in FRUITS PM KISAN Scheme?
To register in the FRUITS PM Kisan scheme, any landholding farmer will require to have the following documents:
- A complete description document of the and type.
- All legal land documents.
- Aadhaar card
- Other Identity Proofs such as PAN card and Voter ID.
- Address Proof Document
- Recent Passport Size photograph of the applicant
The applicant must upload these documents on the required tabs when filling the application.
How to Check Registration Status on Karnataka FRUITS PM KISAN portal?
Once the registration is successful, a list with all the beneficiary names is displayed by the government on the web page. Anyone who has applied for registration can check if their names have appeared on the list. Here’s a step-by-step process of how to search for your name under the list:
- Visit the official PM Kisan Portal.
- On the homepage, click on the “FRUITS” option.
- Proceed further to the report section. Select the “List of Farmers” option.
- Click on the option “Farmers Receiving FSD”
- Choose your District, Taluka, Hobli, and Village from the dropdown menu.
- A list with all the farmers eligible for receiving the scheme’s benefit will appear on the screen. You can look for your name under the list.
How to Check Karnataka FRUITS PM Kisan Scheme Payment Status Online?
Any registered farmer can check the payment status of their installments in the Karnataka FRUITS PM Kisan website. It requires you to follow a few simple steps. All you need is the PM Kisan ID or PMKID and their Aadhar Card Number.
- Go to the FRUITS PMK website page via the link: fruitspmk.karnataka.gov.in
- When you reach the homepage, select the “Application Status” option to open the page.
- Or, click on this link: fruitspmk.karnataka.gov.in/MISReport/CheckStatus.aspx.
- Click on Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System or FRUITS.
- Search for the Payment Status option.
- It allows two different approaches to check the Payment status: using the PMK ID or Aadhaar Number.
- Enter the one available to you and click on the SUBMIT button.
- The payment status webpage will be displayed on your screen. You can download and print the page for future references.
What is the FRUITS PM Kisan FPO Yojana?
FPO stands for the Farmer Producer Organization. The government introduced this scheme to improve the current condition of agriculture and maximize the production rate. The primary objective of this scheme was to help the small and marginal farmer groups. To benefit from this scheme, a farmer must apply for registration under the FRUITS PM Kisan FPO Yojana.
The system was digitized for the benefit of the farmers as there were few reported cases of fraud by middlemen who profit from the sales and deny the farmer of the direct benefits of the scheme.
The FPO is an organization that looks after the welfare of the state’s farmers and fights for their rights so that the farmers do not get exploited.
Any registered beneficiary of the Karnataka FRUITS PM Kisan FPO yojana will receive the direct market value for their crops and other farm produce. Karnataka’s state government also provides fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, and even farming equipment to aid the farmers in their cultivation.
This was all about FRUITS PM Kisan, We hope all of your queries have been solved however still in case you have any then do comments below, Thank you 🙂