In a bank, Probationary officer (PO) is a white collar job. It is one among the lucrative and profitable career option. In India lakhs of aspirants prepare and sit for IBPS PO exams every year as this field offers a high career growth and prospects for a blazing future in banking. Many applicants are intrigued to know what are the responsibilities on your shoulders being a bank PO, what kind of work, task and duties they need do once they are recruited in banks?
One who is into this forethought must know that a bank probationary officer post is the entry level position after getting recruited. Ordinarily, a bank PO Experiences a 2 year probation period or training. later while joining gets the post of Assistant Manager at the branch. Normal anticipation of this job is general banking and bank administration. however, it will be cherry on top if the bank POs enthral excellent and clear communication skills. And an ability to be calm to resolve conflicts.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous agency in India. The IBPS issues various recruitment notification annually to fill various vacancies falling under its department. During the Fiscal year 2021, the IBPS will conduct the recruitment exam for filling PO vacancies. During a similar manner, this year also IBPS issued an Billboard or Advertisement form to fill various Probationary Officer Vacancies. It is definitely a good news and great opportunity for the unemployed candidates. Aspirants can immediately check the IBPS PO Recruitment Notification given below on our page. After checking the eligibility conditions, the qualified contenders can apply for the PO Job.
As the Jobseekers don’t have extra time to waste and are very much alert since the online applications are available only for a particular period of time. As there is heavy competition for the PO vacancies, we are providing the direct IBPS PO Online Application 2021 link here on our page. Candidates can check the complete process of IBPS PO Application Form 2021 Submission, Required documents for the Application submission, Application fee, and payment modes of the fee, and so on.
- Eligibility for IBPS Probationary Officer
- IBPS Probationary Officer Registration Steps 2021
- IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2021
- IBPS PO Mains Exam Syllabus 2021
- What are the responsibilities of a Bank P.O. ?
Eligibility for IBPS Probationary Officer
To enroll for IBPS Probationary officer jobs online, the applicants must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility conditions.
- The willing Candidate/ applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The Aspirant should have done his/her graduation or own a Bachelors Degree issued by Recognized University.
- Candidate must come in the provided age limit of 20 years minimum and maximum age of 30 years.
IBPS Probationary Officer Registration Steps 2021
The candidate will undergo various process and steps during the IBPS PO Registration procedure.
The individual is solely responsible for details entered on the internet during the Online procedure. So make sure the details are valid. The following are the steps involved during IBPS PO Online Application 2021 steps.
- Candidate Registration.
- Aspirant Educational Details.
- Photo and Sign Upload.
- Fee Payment.
IBPS PO Registration 2021
First of all, the candidate must ensure that their Registration process is completed. Upon the completion of the registration, the individual will receive his/her user id and password as confirmation. During Registration, the applicants are suppose to provide their personal details like their full name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, etc. as necessary basic details.
- Visit the official Website of IBPS at ibps.in.
- On the homepage, click on IBPS RRB Exam 2021 link available.
- A new display will open where candidates will get to see three separate links for Officer Scale and Office Assistant.
- Enter the registration details or login details(provided that time)
- Fill in the application form.
- Upload the required documents
- Make the payment of application fees.
- Once you are done, cross check and click on submit.
- That’s it, your application will be submitted.
- Download the confirmation page
- Keep a hard copy of the same for future requirements
Candidates belonging to other categories will have to pay for application fees – ₹850/-
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWBD category – ₹175/-
Aspirant Educational Details
The candidate can make use of the user id and the password generated during Registration. Now, the candidates should enter all the necessary details in the Student Information form of IBPS PO 2021 Online Application Form and their educational details. In student information, the candidate has to fill the fields;
- Mother tongue
- Valid contact details
- Reservation category (if any)
- Annual income
- Postal address for the communication
Photo and Sign Upload for IBPS PO Online Application 2021
During the web application process, the candidate should upload the necessary documents, valid passport scanned photo id and therefore the properly scanned signature. After filling all the small print, click on the submit button. Collect and obtain a tough copy of the web application form which is beneficial for further reference.
IBPS PO application form – Fee Payment
After Submission of Application, you will be redirected to Fee payment page. Applicants can pay the IBPS PO Online Application Fee either through Bank Challan or Demand Draft.
The Applicants who are thinking to enroll online for the IBPS Probationary Officer Jobs 2021, must remember to pay their Application Fee on time and before the last date as mentioned in the recruitment notification. The amount of Application Fee will depend on the category to which you belong too. We are providing here the primary IBPS PO Application fees details. If any changes made in fee information & gateway of application fees, we will update it later on this page.
General/ OBC Candidates will have to pay: Rs.850/-.
SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates will have to pay: Rs.175/-.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2021
English Language Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
Quantitative Ability Syllabus
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
- Work and Time
- Time and Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere Puzzle
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number Systems
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Percentage Syllogism
- Blood Relations
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding
IBPS PO Mains Exam Syllabus 2021
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Ratio and percentage
- Data interpretation
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Quadratic equation
- Problems of ages
- profit and loss
- Number series
- Speed, distance and time
- time and work
- number system
- data sufficiency
- linear equations
- Permutation and combination
- Mixture and allegations
General Awareness Syllabus
- Financial awareness
- Current affairs
- Static awareness
- General knowledge
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude Syllabus
- Verbal reasoning
- Circular seating arrangement
- linear seating arrangement
- double lineup
- Blood relations
- Directions and distances
- ordering and ranking
- data sufficiency
- Coding and decoding
- code inequalities
- keyboard shortcuts
- computer abbreviation
- computer hardware
- microsoft office
- computer software
- operating system
- Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies
English Language Syllabus
- Reading comprehension
- Verbal ability
What are the responsibilities of a Bank P.O. ?
- Right before the completion of the probation period, which is generally for 2 years, he/she are often asked to perform any kind of bank related skill and activity; usually it is of the clerk or assistant sort of job. This is specifically done to urge them conversant in various working procedures of the bank.
- While the probation period is going on, they’re trained for having the sensible and common knowledge about finance, accounting, banking, marketing, billing also as investment. This is often done by trusting them with jobs of various categories like scrolling, posting, any of the routine works like account preparation etc.
- After completion of the probation period, he/she is posted in any bank branch as an Assistant director to handle works on daily customer transactions, viz. passing a cheque, draft issuance, cash management etc.
- He/She should exert towards increasing the bank business viz. managing income , loans and mortgages and finances.
- Another responsibility of PO is to work as PR officer, handle customer complaints and address various customer related issues like discrepancies in accounts, rectification of undue charges and appearance into complaints regarding services provided by the bank.
- Once he/she gets acclimatized to the bank environment and gain enough experience on bank’s working procedures, supported their personal skills and aptitude, they’re going to be assigned skilled work viz. planning, budgeting, marketing, loan processing and approval, investment management etc.
- The work of a bank PO also includes managerial tasks, like supervision of clerical work, taking decisions for the advantage of the bank, managing cash balance etc.
PO possesses to verify all the work done by teller . All the transactions of bank involve the role of maker & checker. For example in cash transactions, if clerk is the maker and the PO is that the checker; just in case of loans, generally he/she is that the maker and director is that the checker. The responsibility of losses resides with the checker.
- He/she takes care of the loan related documents and performs on visit of the loan taking parties as and when required.
- A bank PO issues ATM cards, cheque books, Demand Drafts etc.
- It is expected that a PO should remember and aware of all the most recent developments of the bank and they’re required to read all the newsletters and circulars and can realize all the alternatives taken by the bank management.
Official Website of IBPS : www.ibps.in
Toll free numbers : 1800 222 366, 1800 103 4566
Hope this article helped as a guide and gave you an insight what all needed and how to apply for Bank PO. If you liked it, remember to share it with your friends, family and colleagues.
Thank you for reading!