Indian Overseas Bank is one of the largest government-owned banks. Based in Chennai, IOB has over more than 3000 branches in India and a few foreign branches. IOB was founded by M. Ct. M. Chidambaram Chettyar, and today it has become widely known for its services and facilities, especially in overseas banking and foreign exchange business.
Today, net banking has become an essential feature for anyone accustomed to online banking services. Customers of IOB can avail online facilities and services from IOB’s net banking website. One can sit within the comforts of his home and enjoy the benefits of IOB’s internet banking features. In this guide, we will tell you how to register for IOB’s internet banking features, activate your account, and many more. Whether you are a corporate account holder or an individual account holder, all you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Register and Activate Your Iob Net Banking Account?
Registration and activation of an IOB account is very important for the customer to benefit from all the features of IOB’s net banking services. Once you register and activate your IOB net banking account, you will get an User Id and password. You will need these credentials to use your IOB account every time. Also keep in mind that once you successfully activate IOB account, don’t share the user id and password with anyone else.
Read the steps and follow them as mentioned below to register and activate IOB net banking account:
- Open your computer and go to any browser which you prefer.
- Visit IOB net banking website.
- Once you visit IOB’s net banking website, click on the option “Continue”. You will find the option at the center of the page.
- Once you click on “Continue”, you will be redirected to a different page.
- Once you have opened the new page, click on the “Register” button. You can find it in the left sidebar of the page, just below the login button. ( Note- There are two register buttons. One for the individual account holder and the other for the corporate account holder. Choose the option which suits you)
- After you have clicked on the Register Button, you will again be taken to a new page. You will see a form which you need to fill up with all the relevant information.
- After you have filled the form, check if you haven’t made any mistake. Next click on “Submit”. Now create an unique user Id and set a password which you can remember. (Note- In case you forget easily, note it down somewhere you can remember)
- For the next step, you need to take a print out of the application which you will receive after you have successfully submitted the form.
- Once you have taken the print out, go to your nearest Indian Overseas Bank and submit it in the bank.
- Wait for a few days after submitting the print out. By then your net banking account will be successfully activated.
- After your account has been activated, visit IOB net banking website once again.
- Again repeat the step by clicking on the “Continue” button. Next, you will be redirected to a page where you need to click on the “Individual Login” button.
- Wait for a few seconds as you will be again taken to a new page. Now enter your User Id and password to login to your IOB net banking account.
- Next, click on the “Submit” button. Now you can use your account and benefit from IOB net banking features like fund transfer, online transactions etc.
( You can always check the customer awareness tips page which you will find on IOB net banking website. Here, you will find all relevant details you will need to use your IOB net banking account)
How to Transfer Funds Using IOB Net Banking?
The steps to transfer funds, money and do online transactions from the net banking account of IOB is very simple. You will only be required to follow a few steps and then you can easily transfer any amount of money from IOB online net banking account. Here are the steps-
- Visit IOB internet banking website.
- Now click on the “Individual Login” button
- Next you have to enter your login id and password.
- After you have entered the details, click on submit.
- Wait for a few seconds as you will be redirected to a new page . It will be IOB internet banking’s Welcome page.
- Now locate the “Remittances” option and click on it. Again, you have to click on the “Funds Transfer” option.
- After that, you have to select the bank account you need. It can be IOB or other bank accounts according to your need.
- Then, you have to select your Debit or Credit card, as per your need.
- Now, enter the monetary amount that you want to transfer. You also have to fill in other Debit or Credit card details.
- Once you have done so, click on the “Proceed” button.
- Now, carefully type your PIN number. Next, click on “Pay Now” or “Scheduled Later” according to your need.
- You will then receive a OTP in your registered mobile number with IOB. Type in that OTP.
- Click on Submit. Your funds will be now successfully transferred to the account you want.
FAQs Related to Indian Overseas Bank
Q: How safe is IOB Bank?
A: It is very much safe and secure.
Q: Can I get a credit card or debit card from IOB
A: Yes, IOB provides both credit and debit card.
Q: Is IOB a government bank?
A: Yes, IOB is a government public-sector bank.
Q: Is IOB a nationalised bank?
A: Yes, IOB is a nationalised bank.
Q: Where is the head of IOB?
A: IOB head office is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Q: What is IOB customer care Number?
A: 18004254445 is IOB’s customer care number.
Q: Does IOB have internet Banking?
A: Yes, IOB has internet banking features and services.
We hope we were able to clarify all your doubts. If you follow all the steps mentioned above you would be able to register, activate, login and transfer funds from your IOB account. In case you have any doubt, feel free to leave a comment. We will be happy to help!