What is Jagananna Amma Vodi?
After taking the reign as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched a trademark scheme, the Amma Vodi. This scheme was launched, maintained, and funded by the government of Andra Pradesh. Since it is launch by chief minister Jagan Mohan Reddi, it is named after him as “Jagananna” Amma Vodi, meaning Jagan Anna’s(Elder brother’s) Amma Vodi Scheme.
The aim of this scheme is to provide quality education for children who are below the poverty line and transform them to lead a better life. To make these words come true, the Chief Minister decided to give out INR 15,000/- to all the mothers who are under the poverty line to provide quality education for their children. The Amma Vodi plot is a first of its sort government area plan in the nation to achieve authentic changes in the educational arrangement of the province of Andhra Pradesh.
Website Link: jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in.
Eligibility Criteria for Amma Vodi Scheme:
The following are the eligibility criteria to be a part of this Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme:
- Must be a citizen of Andhra Pradesh.
- The family must have a white ration card and should be a BPL household.
- Students/Candidates from standard 1 to 12 can apply for this scheme.
- Students/Candidates must be studying in a government, residential, or private unaided school.
- The candidate should have an aadhaar card.
- Students should have at least 75% attendance at school, and if they discontinue in the middle, this scheme will be voided for that particular candidate.
- Government employees cannot apply for this scheme.
How to Apply for the Amma Vodi Scheme:
Now that we have seen the eligibility criteria, you must have gotten an idea about how this scheme works and if you are eligible to apply or not. If you are eligible, let us continue with the application process by following these steps.
- Visit the official Jagananna Amma Vodi website: jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in to download the application form or go to the nearest government office to get an application.
- If you are downloading from the website, go to the menu and click on Download Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme.
- Take a print out, fill the form, and paste a passport size photo of the candidate.
- Check your inputs and submit the application at the nearest government office.
You can also go to the institution where the candidate is studying. They will help you with the eligibility and application process.
Documents Required for Amma Vodi Scheme:
Before applying, make sure you have these documents ready as it plays a crucial role in getting the money.
- Parents and candidates Aadhaar card and Voter ID.
- Address proof documents such as white ration card, voter ID, electricity bill, etc.
- Candidate’s school identity details.
- Bank account details.
- Passport size photos of both the candidate and their mothers.
How to Check the Status of This Scheme:
Once applied, the applicants would like to know how their application is processing, and AP Government has made it easy to do so. Follow these steps to check your application status:
- Visit the official Jagananna Amma Vodi Website: jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in.
- Scroll down and click search child details for the Amma Vodi scheme.
- Now enter the mother’s Aadhaar number and security code.
- The site will show your scheme status. You can download and print it.
- The user can also see some other information such as the name of the candidate, school, mother name, ward, district, eligibility status, etc. on the status page.
Payments Process of Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme:
As already said, the state government of Andhra Pradesh gives out INR 15,000 to every mothers included in this scheme to provide quality education for their child.
Every January, the amount will be transferred to the bank account provided by the mother. This process will continue till the child finishes his/her education. If, in any case, the child discontinues or has a lack of attendance, this scheme will become null and void. The mother cannot reapply.
Security and Conclusion:
We hope that we have provided an ample amount of information for you to apply for the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme. This scheme is very useful for all the students below the poverty line, and it is given to everybody who deserves it with the utmost equality. To maintain this equality, the Andhra Pradesh government has put in some stringent eligibility criteria so that only the eligible candidates can enjoy this scheme. So to make sure you get this scheme, follow the eligibility criteria, and act accordingly. Do not publish your bank account and Aadhaar detail at unofficial 3rd party sites. Avoid fraud and identity theft. If you face any inconvenience, you can address the grievance cell by calling 9705655349 or 9705454869. If you are an eligible candidate, make the most of this amazing scheme and show your child the path to a bright future. Thank you for reading this article entirely. Have a nice day.