A roof over the head is as important as is food on your plate. However, there is an unfortunate fraction in the population of our country who cannot afford to rent or to buy a house. The Government of India always tries to help and support the underprivileged section of our nation. They have built houses for the lower-income groups (LIG) of people that are available at a subsidized rate, which are relatively affordable to them. This way, they, too, can enjoy the comfort and security of their own home. These schemes, though generally initiated by the Central government, are largely implemented at the state or regional level.
One such scheme launched by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh is the YSRCP Navaratnalu Scheme. This undertaking was launched by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of the state of Andhra Pradesh, Shri Jagan Mohan Reddy, who belongs to the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (abbreviated as YSRCP). The goal of this scheme is to provide all the necessary services that will be aimed towards the development of all regions and districts and all sections of citizens of the state.
What different services does the YSR Navaratnalu Scheme include?
The YSR Navaratnalu is a set of nine welfare schemes that cover almost all the major societal issues and are mainly aimed at the welfare of all citizens of the state of Andhra Pradesh. The included schemes are:
- YSR Rythu Bharosa:
This scheme promises to offer a fund of Rs.50,000 as financial assistance to the farmers of the state.
- Fee Reimbursement:
This scheme plans to provide an allowance of Rs.20,000 to needy students, along with complete fee reimbursement.
This scheme promises that all expenses are to be borne by the government for medical treatments above Rs 1000 for needy patients.
Under this scheme, families will be benefited by irrigation projects.
- Ban on alcohol
This scheme promises that there will be a complete ban on the sale of alcohol across the state.
- Amma Vodi
This scheme provides assistance of Rs.15000 to mothers to encourage them to send their children to school.
- YSR Asara
This scheme is designed to help women from all sections of society by waiving the interest on their loans.
- Paydalandariki Illu
This scheme promises to build 25 lakhs homes for the lower-income groups within five years.
- Pensionla Pempu
This scheme proposes that people above the age of 60 years would receive Rs.2000 and people with disabilities will receive a pension of Rs.3000.
Among these schemes, one of the most important is the “Paydalandariki Illu” scheme or the housing scheme. Let’s see who all are eligible to avail the benefits of this policy.
What are the Salient Features of YSR Housing Scheme, 2020?
- The primary objective of the YSR Navaratnalu Housing Scheme is to improve the living conditions of people falling under the economically weaker section of the population.
- Only permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh are eligible to be the beneficiary of the scheme.
- The total budget of the Housing Scheme is set around Rs.9786 crores.
What is the Navaratnalu House Site Eligibility Criteria:
The YSR house scheme aims to provide houses to citizens and families who fall under APL or the BPL category in both urban and rural areas. 1.5 million new houses are constructed till now for the benefit of the poor people in Visakhapatnam, Kurnool and Nellore districts. It is claimed that the houses will have one bedroom, a living room, kitchen, toilet and a balcony without compromising the quality of the construction materials. This will be a 100% government-aided scheme. The Housing scheme will have three categories:
- YSR Urban Housing Scheme
- YSR Gramin Housing Scheme
- YSR Economic Weaker Section Housing scheme
The Eligibility Criteria for YSR Housing Scheme 2020:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the State.
- The applicant should not have any house or land under their name.
- The applicant should possess an APL or BPL ration card along with a caste certificate.
What are the documents required to apply for YSR Housing Scheme 2020?
Any eligible individual who wants to avail the benefits of the YSR Housing Scheme should have the following documents ready with them;
- Aadhaar Card
- Original Address Proof
- Bank Account Passbook
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate of the applicant
- Valid Mobile Number
- A recent photograph of the candidate
What is the process of applying for the YSR Housing Scheme?
The State Government has launched an online portal for applying for the YSR Housing Scheme. Here’s the process of how to apply online for the scheme.
Firstly, you need to login to the official website of Navaratna Housing by the following procedure.
- Visit the website of Navaratna House Sites in the following link: https://navaratnalu-housesites.ap.gov.in.
- Once you reach the homepage, click on the “Login” option.
- A list of districts will appear on the screen, from where you have to choose your district.
- You will be redirected to the YSR Housing Scheme District Wise Login Page.
- Enter your User ID and password.
- Key in the Captcha code for verification.
- Click on the “Login” option.
After you have logged into the website, you have to fill up a simple form which needs basic details such as your personal information, uploading your documents, your photograph and then Proceed for processing the application further.
After applying, you have to wait for the official announcement from the government or housing corporation about the sanction of your application.
If your application gets successfully registered, your name will appear in a list.
How to check the status of your YSR Navaratnalu Scheme Application?
To check the status of your application in the YSR Housing Scheme Sanction List, just follow these simple steps.
- Visit the official site of the YSR Navaratnalu Housing scheme.
- Search for the YSR Housing Scheme Sanction List in the menu.Click on it to download the list.
- Search for your name, other personal information and the registered mobile number under the district wise list.
- If you find your name that means your application has been accepted and you are eligible and approved to enjoy the benefits of the scheme.
- You can also print the page containing the list for future reference.
YSR Navaratnalu Housing scheme Helpline:
If you face any issue regarding your application or the sanction list, you can seek help through these options:
- Toll-free number: 1100
- Twitter Handle: @ApstateHousing
- Email: [email protected]
YSR Navaratnalu Housing scheme is an incredible undertaking of the Andhra Pradesh State Government which blesses hundreds of people with the privilege of having a home in their own name. The scheme is still in its initial stage but is very promising in its policy.
For the enhancement of the program, the central government powered Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and the YSR Housing Scheme is collaborating together in the betterment of the rural and suburban areas of the state of Andhra Pradesh.