Are you looking for information on how to open an account with Punjab National Bank (PNB)? You’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will walk you through the process of opening a PNB online account. We’ll also provide tips on what to do if you experience any problems during the process. Let’s get started!
PNB or Punjab National Bank is a reliable banking choice for millions of users all across India. PNB opened for business on the 12th of April, 1985. During the first decade of its existence, the bank made slow yet steady progress.
The bank offers a wide range of savings bank account that allows individuals to meet their diverse banking requirements. It has specialized savings accounts curated for defence personnel, premium customers, senior citizens, women, minors and more.
Not to forget, the bank has many services and facilities that offer comfortable and convenient banking such as SMS alerts, online banking, ATM cum debit card, e-statement, cheque book and passbook to name a few.
PNB is one of the top leading financial and banking service providers in India. As discussed above, Punjab National Bank offers its account holders an array of savings account options like PNB Junior SF Account, PNB Power Savings, Offline Savings Account to name a few.
In this article, we will have a look at how you can open an account online with Punjab National Bank. If you need to know how to open an account online, then please read this article until the very end. Also, we will about a few other important points as well.
Eligibility Criteria For PNB Online Account Opening
• The applicant or user should be a resident of India.
• The applicant should be at least 18 years of age or above.
• In any case, if the applicant is below 18 years of age, then the child’s parent or guardian can open the account on their behalf.
• Any applicant that needs to open an account with Punjab National Bank needs to have valid and government approved address proof along with identity proof as well.
• Depending on the type of account chosen by the applicant, they need to have the minimum initial deposit amount in hand. This is essential to open an account with Punjab National Bank.
What Documents Do You Need To Open An Account With PNB?
Before you begin the application process, you must be aware of the important documents that you will require to open an account with the Punjab National Bank. Now this applies to both online and offline methods of account opening. Both methods will require a KYC verification process.
• Proof Of ID: PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License
• Proof Of Address: Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Utility Bills like telephone or electricity bills.
• Form 16: This form should be filled only by those applicants that do not own a PAN card. If you do own a PAN card, you won’t need to fill up this form.
• Photographs: You will need recent passport size photographs for the offline account opening method.
How To Open An Account Online With PNB?
Opening an account online with Punjab National Bank is quite an easy process. You can either choose to open an account with Punjab National Bank offline or online. We will have a look at the online method here.
Online Method To Open Account With PNB
Step 1: Visit the official website of PNB.
Step 2: Select the ‘Savings Account’ option from the ‘Online Service’ option.
Step 3: Here, you will find an application form. Fill up the form with details like your Name, Date of Birth, Address, Contact Details and more.
Step 4: Once done, submit the form online.
Step 5: After you submit the form, you will receive a Temporary Customer Reference Number or TCRN either on your email id or mobile number.
Step 6: Make sure that you keep this number safe for future references.
Step 7: Now, you will need to fill the online form by adding relevant details of the account opening.
Step 8: After the submission, you will then need to visit the Punjab National Bank branch along with the TCRN, address proof, and photo ID proof.
Step 9: Furthermore, the KYC documents will be verified by the bank executive.
Step 10: And now, you are finally done! After the bank executive verifies your KYC documents, your account will be open.
What Should You Know Before Opening A PNB Account?
Before you choose Punjab National Bank as your choice to open an account, you need to be aware of certain factors that will help you determine if it’s the right choice for you. Let’s have a quick run through the points.
1. With Punjab National Bank, applicants will need to maintain a minimum balance at all times. This is essential and a basic requirement for a savings account. Ensure that the minimum balance is suitable for your finances.
2. In any case, if you don’t maintain the monthly minimum balance, then you will have to pay a penalty for the same.
3. Make sure that you check the interest rate over deposits for the type of savings account that you have chosen. It is essential to know the interest rate as that will determine the return over the deposits. You need to know this before you plan on opening a savings bank account with Punjab National Bank.
4. Similarly, it is best if you are aware of the withdrawal limit along with the transaction limit per day for your chosen savings account. It differs from one savings account to another.
Safety Tips For Punjab National Bank Account Holders
• Never share your PIN or OTP with anyone at all. The bank will never ask you for your passwords or PINs or OTPs.
• Always keep an eye on the bank statements to check if there are any irregular transactions in your savings account.
• In case, there has been any transaction made without your knowledge, then make sure that you contact the bank immediately without any further delay.
How to Open Account in PNB – Summary
The first step in opening a PNB online account is to visit the bank’s website. Once you’re there, click on the “Personal Banking” link at the top of the page. Next, click on the “Accounts” tab and then select “Savings Accounts.”
Now, you’ll need to choose which type of savings account you’d like to open. Punjab National Bank offers several different types of accounts, including a Regular Savings Account, a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account, and a Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account. For more information on each type of account, please see our article on PNB savings accounts.
Once you’ve selected the type of account you’d like to open, click on the “Apply Now” button. You’ll be taken to a new page where you’ll be asked to provide some personal information, such as your name, address, and date of birth.
You’ll also need to create a user ID and password for your account. Be sure to choose a strong password that includes letters, numbers, and special characters. Once you’ve entered all of the required information, click on the “Submit” button.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully opened a PNB online account. Now, you can begin using all of the features and benefits that come with being a PNB customer.
The Bottom Line
So, here we come to the end of this PNB Online Account Opening article. If you want to open an account with Punjab National Bank, then we hope that this article helps you through the process. Do let us know if you have any more queries or doubts. Also, do drop in your lovely feedback and comments.
Also Check Out: SBI account opening Online :Guide