Surely, you are familiar with the UAN number if you are a Government / Private Service employee. The Employer Provident Fund Organization introduced this. The UAN ( Universal Account Number ) is Allotted to every Employee contributing to EPF. The UAN Number Allotted to the employees remains the Same Irrespective of the Number of Jobs a person Changes.
Every time individuals change their Job, EPFO ( Employer Provident Fund Organization ) allots a New Member ID. With the UAN Number, the person can Begin the Process of Closing the old Accounts and Transferring the Remaining Balance. It is quite usual if the UAN number gets forgotten by you. In this article, we will help you with how to get the UAN number if forgotten.
Before we start looking at the different methods on recovering a forgot UAN no, we need to make sure somethings before recovering the forget UAN no:
Things Need to Consider to Recover Forget UAN Number
Make sure you have considered all these things before moving on to find out the different methods for how to get forgotten UAN number.
- Make sure You are using your registered phone number for recovering UAN forgot.
- Your Member ID or PAN or Aadhar card to provide details for verification.
- Your personal details and registered email id
All set? Now let’s see all the methods for recovering EPF UAN number forgot.
Methods on How to Get UAN Number – UAN Password Recovery
- Recover forget UAN By Online
- Get UAN number by phone number
- Ask your employer to get the UAN number
1. How to Get UAN Number for PF by Online
In this part, we will show you different methods to recover forgot UAN:
- Visit UAN Portal: unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface to start the recovering process if you “forget my UAN number.”
- Select the “Know Your UAN” option near the bottom right part.
- On the New Page, you will be asked to Enter Your Mobile Number and Captcha.
- You will receive an OPT to Your Registered Mobile Number.
- Validate the OTP to Proceed Further.
- You will be required to provide either your Member ID, Aadhar Number, or PAN
- Fill in your personal details such as Your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Captcha.
- After submitting the details, Click on Get Authentication.
- You will receive an OTP to Your Mobile Number.
- Enter the OTP PIN and Click on Validate OTP.
- Now, you will receive Your UAN Number on Your Registered Mobile Number.
2. How to Know My UAN No by Phone Number -Know Your UAN Number by Mobile Number
If you are a person who doesn’t prefer to do this online or facing issues with an unstable Internet connection, this is the perfect method for you to recover UAN login forgot if you are asking how to know UAN number by mobile number:
- Give Missed call to the official UAN mobile number 011-22901406
- You will receive Details with EFPO in your registered number.
3. “Know My UAN Number” by Employer
In this method, you can simply know your UAN number by asking your Employer. This is because your employer will keep track of your UAN number. So this is a good method. But make sure not to ask your UAN number frequently to your employer.
Keep in mind that the UAP Helpline will only be available in these hours: 9:15 AM to 5:45 PM
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 1800-11-8005
- Website: www.epfindia.gov.in
We hope that we have solved all of your queries regarding finding the UAN number. If you still have any doubts we suggest you go through the article once again. You can also use the UAN Helpline if you are still having any doubts regarding UAN number recovery. make sure you won’t forget your UAN number.