State Bank of India (SBI) has enabled its account holders to have access to many banking services like money transfer, bill payments, shopping, and more at the comfort of their homes. Users widely use SBI’s Net Banking services to have convenient transactions and save time; passwords safely secure all net banking transactions. But you may need to reset your login and transactions password under certain circumstances. In this guide, we will help you to reset your SBI net banking password using different methods.
- Things You May Require To Reset Your SBI Net Banking Password
- Reasons That Might Need You to Reset SBI Net Banking Password:
Things You May Require To Reset Your SBI Net Banking Password
There are few things that you should keep ready with you to change your password:
- Make sure to have the SBI registered mobile number with you to receive OTP
- You would need to have a user id and account number with you to reset the password
Reasons That Might Need You to Reset SBI Net Banking Password:
- If you forget your password, you will have to reset it so that you can log in to SBI Net Banking
- SBI Net Banking system might ask you to reset your password within a certain time interval to prevent cyber attacks
- If your password is weak and is easily guessable, it is recommended that you should reset it to a strong password
- If you do not recall your password and enter the wrong password repeatedly, then your account’s access will be blocked, and you will have to reset your password
Three Ways Through Which You Can Reset Your Sbi Net Banking Password :
- Reset SBI Net Banking password through Profile Password
- Reset SBI Net Banking password through ATM Card
- Reset SBI Net Banking password through Bank Branch
The detailed steps of these methods are listed below:
Method 1: How to Reset SBI Net Banking Using Profile Password
- Search Online SBI through any web browser and open the “Personal Banking” portal. Or open the official site of SBI: onlinesbi.com on any web browser.
- Click on the “Login” option, you will be directed to the next page, and now click on “Continue Login.”
- On the Login page, click on “Forgot Login Password.”
- You will be directed to a new window, select “Forgot My Login Password” from the drop-down list, and click on “Next.”
- Correctly enter the details that are required, like username, account number, date of birth, country, and mobile number, and click on “Submit.”
- After submitting the details, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and click on “Confirm.”
- A new drop-down list will appear on the screen with options to change your password; select the option “Using Profile Password” and click on “Submit.”
- Now you will be asked to enter your Profile Password, enter the correct Profile Password and click on submit.
- Now enter a new password and re-enter the password to confirm it (we would recommend entering a strong password); click on “Submit.”
- You will receive a text stating, “Your login password has been reset successfully.”
Method 2: How to Reset SBI Net Banking Password Using ATM Card
- Open onlinesbi.com on your phone or computer.
- Click on “Continue to Login” and click on “Forgot Login Password.”
- Now a new window page will appear, select “Forgot My Login Password” from the drop-down list and click on “Next.”
- A new window will appear in which you have to enter correct details that are required like username, account number, date of birth, country, and mobile number; after you enter your details, click on “Submit.”
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and click on “Confirm.”
- On the next page, a drop-down list will appear with options to change your password; select “Using ATM Card Details” and click on “Submit.”
- Now you will be asked to enter details of your debit card for verification; enter the details like card holder’s name, card number, expiry date, SBI ATM PIN, and captcha code; after correctly entering the details, click on “Proceed.”
- You will be directed to a new page where you can enter the password of your choice and retype the password to confirm it; after you enter your new password, click on “Submit.”
- For confirmation, you will receive a text saying, “ Your login password has been reset successfully.”
Method 3: How to Reset SBI Net Banking Password by visiting SBI Bank Branch
This method is offline, and you will have to visit your nearest SBI Branch to reset your Net Banking Password
- Visit your nearest SBI Branch.
- Fill up the form given to you by correctly entering your user id, account number details, mobile number, etc.
- Sign the form with your registered signature at SBI and submit it to the respective officer.
- Your Net Banking password will be reset in few days, and you will receive the new password via post.
Once you reset your password, do not share it with anyone, as it can make you lose money. It is advised to change your password at a certain time interval to avoid cyber attacks.
You may also like to read about:
We hope this guide has been informative and helped you to change your password with ease. Thank you for reading till the end.