Digitalization has changed every facet of life from online shopping to online learning. Online banking and online payments, transactions have taken a huge leap as everything is being conducted in the online mode. One such online feature of payments is through UPI. In this article, we will talk about this UPI feature and what to do if you forget your UPI PIN.
What is UPI?
UPI stands for United Payment Interface. It is a feature or a technology by which one can transfer money very quickly without the need to type your bank account number. UPI PIN is the 4 or 6 digit PIN that protects your very transaction. Through UPI, you can send money anywhere and to anyone if you have their unique UPI id.
How to Reset UPI PIN?
UPI PIN is very important for any transaction to be completed through this digital mode of payment. If you forget your UPI PIN, you will be unable to proceed with the payment or any future payment in that case. The solution is to reset your UPI PIN. To know how to do so, read the below steps.
- Open your UPI app on your phone. For this process, we are considering the BHIM UPI app.
- After you have entered the home page, click on the Bank Account Option on the main page.
- You will be able to see the Reset UPI PIN option.
- You have to enter your last 6 digits of your ATM card and its expiry date in the correct format.
- Now on the next screen, you can reset your UPI PIN by entering and re-entering a strong 6 digit UPI PIN.
- Now you have successfully reset your UPI PIN and can carry on with the future transactions.
How To Reset UPI PIN In PhonePe App?
- Go to your PhonePe app and once you are on the home page, click on the option that shows My Money.
- After that you need to select the Bank Accounts option.
- You have to select your bank for which you have forgotten your UPI PIN.
- Then you can tap on the Reset UPI PIN so that you can set a new UPI PIN>
- Now enter your last 6 digits of your ATM/ Debit card, its expiry date.
- Press the continue option.
- You can now enter a new UPI PIN to reset it and it will be done.
How To Fix UPI PIN in GooglePay App?
- After you have opened GooglePay App, go to the section which shows your name and click on it.
- There you can see the option that reads Bank Account. Tap on it.
- You have to now select the bank account for which you want to reset the PIN.
- After that you can see an option that shows Forgot UPI PIN. Press on it.
- Again you have to enter the last 6 digits of your Debit Card, its expiry date and then click on Continue.
- Now set a new UPI PIN. After that you will be successfully able to use the new PIN.
In today’s article we covered how to reset UPI PIN for three different apps. Hope you will not face any further issues but in case you do please feel to leave a comment below. Also if you found the article helpful, please share it among your friends and family. That’s all for today. Hope you have a nice day!