Who does not despise standing in long queues to pay their electric bills? The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board now provides online checking of TNEB account statements and bill payments for the convenience of their consumers. By a few simple processes, you can access almost all the services provided by the organisation without having to take time out of your busy schedule to visit their office.
If you are not so familiar with the nitty-gritty of online viewing of TNEB account summary and bill payments, we are here to help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about how to get TNEB account summary details and also how to check TNEB bills and pay them.
How to Access TNEB Online Services:
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (shortened as TNEB) is a power generation and supply company under the aegis of the State Government of Tamil Nadu, in India. It serves more than 22 million consumers of the state and is accredited as the largest State Electricity Board. It was first established in 1957. It also has a subsidiary state-owned organization named as Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (abbreviated as TANGEDCO), which is a public sector undertaking of electric power generation and distribution.
How to Activate the TNEB Account?
- Visit the TNEB official website: tnebnet.org.
- When you reach the homepage, you will find a space requesting the consumer’s mobile number and email ID for registration purposes. It will also help you to create a password for your TNEB account.
- Any consumer who wants to apply is required to fill the details correctly and click the “Register” option to proceed with the process.
- You will be sent an OTP to the mobile number you have provided.
- Put the OTP in the required space for quick validation of the details.
- Click the “Activate” tab to complete the process.
How to Log into the TNEB portal?
The TNEB allows their consumers to access easy and secured services by following some simple steps. For that, any consumer has to log into their TNEB account by providing their service number or their registered mobile number. Let’s see how to login to the EB account.
TNEB Reading Details Login:
To get the TNEB Reading Details Account Summary, you just have to follow this process;
- Visit the official website of TNEB: tnebnet.org to access the services.
- You will find a menu. Select the EB TNEB option. The EB bill page will open in front of you.
- Type in your consumer/user ID and password and click on the “Log in” button to enter the page.
What is the TNEB Consumer Number?
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board provides every consumer with a unique 10-digit number. With this, you can register your grievances, monitor your unit consumption and also view your bill status.
How to Check TNEB Reading Details Online?
If you want to know how many units of power you have consumed this month, you can simply check that online. After you have logged into tnebnet.org portal, use the following steps to check your TNEB reading details.
- Click on Account Summary to open the page.
- Choose your region of service/ address location.
- Enter the TNEB consumer/service number provided to you by the company.
- Enter your mobile number which is registered with TNEB.
- A captcha code will have appeared on the screen. Type that in the correct order for verification.
- Click on “PROCEED” to submit the form.
Your TNEB Reading Details Account Summary will be displayed on the screen. It will show the consumer details and also the bill amount and its due date.
How to Check TNEB Bill Status Online?
Though the company sends a printed Electricity Bill to its consumers every other month, they can get late sometimes and you would have no choice but to skip the due date. This results in further hassle as you then have to pay a late fine too along with the bill.
But with online status viewing, you can spare all those troubles quite easily and pay your bills even in the middle of the night before the last date. Check the following process.
- Visit the official website for TNEB.
- You will find an option called “Billing Services” in the menu. Click on it.
- A drop-down list will open, select the “Bill Status”.
- Enter the service number provided.
- Select the service area/region of service from the list provided.
- Enter the Captcha code for quick verification and click on ” PROCEED”.
Your bill status will be shown on the screen.
Here you can also make the required payment. TNEB provides options of transacting the fund through credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI and other online payment apps.
What is the TNEB Reading Calculator and How to Use It?
The Electricity boards follow a complicated formula to calculate the cost of your energy consumption. For a layman, it may seem rather confusing. So, the TNEB website provides an option for you to calculate the bill amount as per your consumption without having you to memorize all the maths.
- Visit the official TNEB Tariff webpage
- Select your tariff from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Billing Cycle” from the provided option.
- Enter the Contracted Load, though this option is not required to be filled by the domestic users.
- Enter the number of consumed units in the next box.
- Enter the KVAH amount. This option is also not required to be filled by domestic users.
- Finally, click the “Calculate” button to submit the form. The detailed calculation of your consumed units will be shown on the screen.
TNEB has generated a new tariff rate for domestic consumers who use low tension connections. Visit this link to check the new rates: tnerc.gov.in/tarorder/Ittariff.pdf
They have introduced the 100 unit free scheme. Which means any consumer of Tamil Nadu, who uses less than 100 units of electricity, has to pay a bill of INR 0.
How to Use the TANGEDCO App?
Any consumer with a smartphone or PC can use the newly developed TANGEDCO App to access all the devices without having to log in every time into their website. You can view your TNEB account summary details. This android app for TANGEDCO can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for free.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search the official TANGEDCO App on the search bar or you can directly visit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tneb.tangedco.
- Click on the “Install” button to download it.
- Once you install the app, you will find a guide that will help you to understand how to navigate to various options in the App.
How to Check Account Summary and Bill Status in the App?
- Open the TANGEDCO App on your phone.
- Log in using your unique consumer ID and password.
- Create a 4-digit PIN for some added security.
- Select the “My Bill” option and click on it.
- Enter your Service number and click on the Check Button.
- To pay the bill, click on Confirm. It will take you to the payment page.
- You can pay your bill via debit/credit card, online wallets and also by net banking.
How To Register Your Complaint?
If you have any grievances against the TNEB regarding your bill status and payment or the electricity services, you can contact the customer care service to register your complaint. TNEB portal provides toll-free numbers to contact the customer care service.
Here are the numbers you can dial :
You can even register your complaints via WhatsApp. Just type in a message to 9445850811
The official toll-free number for TNEB reading complaint regarding power supply: 1912
For more information regarding TNEB Account Summary services, visit the following websites:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can You change your mobile number on the TNEB portal?
If you have gotten a new phone number, here’s how to change your previous number with the new one.
- Visit the TNEB official website.
- Enter the region code of your service area from a drop-down list.
- Enter your unique consumer number and also the transaction number from your last bill receipt.
- Enter the previous transaction date.
- Enter your new mobile number too.
- Click the “Submit” button to change it.
2. What to do if Your Unit Reading is Too High?
If you think that there has been a mistake in calculating your consumed units, you can lodge a complaint against your bill. To submit your request for rechecking your electricity bill, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to the Consumer Complaint Gateway in TNEB website.
- Submit your request/complaint in the provided upset.
- You will get a reference number for further tracking of your issue.
- You can also call the customer care to lodge the complaint.
3. How to Find Your TNEB Consumer Number?
Your TNEB unique consumer number is printed in your electricity bill receipts. It is also mentioned on the meter box of your Tamil Nadu EB connection.
4. How to Download your TNEB Bill?
- Visit the tnebnet.org payment page.
- Enter your Consumer number and registered mobile number.
- Click on the Submit and Download button to get the TNEB bill.
5. How to Change Email ID in TNEB Website?
To change your email id in TNEB online payment account, you have to log in to tnebnet.org. There you will find an “Update” option to change your details.
6. Can You Pay Bill Without Logging Into the TNEB Website?
Yes, you can use Paytm, Mobikwik, or other online payment apps to pay your electricity bills without having to log in to the TNEB website. But you will still need to enter your Consumer Number.
So this was all about TNEB Account, we hope that this article clears all of your doubts and queries regarding TNEB Account but still in case you have any questions in your mind feel free to ask by commenting in the comments section below, thank you for visiting BankGuide.in.