United Bank of India, also known as UBI, is one of the most famous banks in India. Founded in 1950 by Naresh Chandra Dutta in 1950, UBI bank was a result of a merger between four branches- Comilla Banking Corporation, Bengal Central Bank, Comilla Union bank and Hooghly Bank; today, UBI is a fully owned subsidiary of Punjab National Bank, with its headquarters in Kolkata, India. It also has more than 2000 branches in India and three overseas branches.
Today online internet banking has become an essential component of everyday life. One can sit within the comforts of his home and use all the benefits of internet banking. UBI internet banking online offers various features for the ease of customers. Whether you have an individual account or a corporate account, you can use all the services UBI online banking provides. You can transfer funds, do online transactions through UBI online internet banking. Online net banking UBI offers all these services hours a day, and you can avail them any day of the year. You can even check your UBI account online status within the confines of your home.
However, to use all these services, you need to have an online internet banking account of UBI. For that, you need to register and activate your internet banking UBI account. To register and login to your UBI online net banking account, you will require your UBI bank account details and credentials.
In this guide we will tell you some easy steps about how to register or activate UBI net banking account.
How to Register and Activate UBI Internet Banking Account?
There are both online and offline services to activate your internet banking account. You can choose any one of them according to your preference. We will tell you some quick and easy steps on how to activate UBI net bank account online. For this you will require your UBI debit card and UBI registered mobile number.
Here are the steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer or phone and visit United Bank of India’s official website.
- Once you are on the home page, find the “Internet Banking/UFT” option. Click on that. A new page will open where you will find the “First time user? Register now Online” option. Click on it.
- Wait for a few seconds as you will get redirected to a new page. Here, you have to select the option by which you will set a User Id and Password. You will be able to see two options. The first will be Registration through Debit card and the second will be Registration through IPIN. Select the first option because choosing the second option would require you to visit your nearest UBI bank.
- Now after clicking on the Registration through Debit Card option, again a new page will open. Type in all the details that are asked in the form. You will require your Debit card number of UBI, your registered mobile phone number. You will also be required to enter the correct captcha.
- After you enter the details, recheck it if they are correct. Then proceed to click on the “Submit” option.
- Now you will be redirected to another page where you need to fill up your login details and password. Create a password which is strong and secure and you can remember. You will also receive an OTP which you need to enter in the OTP box. Click on Submit.
- After you have successfully entered all your details, wait for two to three days, Your online UBI internet banking account will be then registered and activated successfully.
These were the steps to register and activate your UBI internet banking account in an online method. Follow the steps mentioned above to have a seamless experience.
How to Login Into UBI Internet Banking Account Online?
Once you have registered and activated your UBI net banking account, logging in to your UBI internet banking account online is very simple. It can be done in a matter of a few seconds. Here are the steps you should follow to log in UBI internet banking account.-
- Open a web browser on your phone or PC. Visit the official website of UBI.
- Now find the internet banking login page and click on it.
- Next you need to enter your User id and password you created while registering your UBI online net banking account.
- After you have entered all the relevant details, then click on the login button.
- Wait for a few seconds as you will be taken to a new page, to your UBI account net banking portal online. Now you have successfully logged in to your UBI net banking account online.
How to Transfer Funds Through the UBI Internet Banking Service?
In the age of digital transactions, internet banking is a useful feature to do online transactions. To transfer funds and money online using your UBI bank account online, you can follow the steps mentioned below-
- Open a browser and login to the UBI internet banking website. The steps to login are mentioned above.
- Next you have to click on the “Funds Transfer” option.
- Now you need to select the “To other bank accounts(24*7)” option which you can easily locate on the screen.
- Next, you need to click on the “Make a payment” option.
- Now you need to fill up all the details regarding the monetary transaction. You will require the name of the beneficiary, your UBI account number, the total amount you want to send.
- After you have filled all the details click on the “Pay” button.
- Now enter your transaction password. Proceed to click on the “Transfer/Pay” button.
- Wait for a few seconds to see if your online transaction from UBI net banking account is successful. You will receive a message if so.
( Also note that if you are transferring money for the first time through UBI net banking method online, then you need to add the beneficiary’s name into the “Payee List”. You can register the name by clicking on the “Register a Payee” option.)
FAQ Related to UBI Net Banking Online
Q: Is UBI a government-owned bank?
A: Yes, UBI is a government-owned bank.
Q: Is internet banking through an online UBI account safe and secure?
A: Yes, Internet banking using UBI online account is indeed very safe and protected.
Q: Where is United Bank of India located?
A: UBI has over 2000 branches in India. So, it is located in most of the cities and states.
Q: Am I eligible to use UBI internet banking service?
A: People who have an UBI bank account can use the internet banking feature by UBI.
Q: What is UBI customer id?
A: UBI customer id is a number required to log in to UBI internet banking website.
Q: Can I change UBI login id and password?
A: Yes, you can change UBI login id and password.
This was the guide to know how to register, activate and login, and also transfer money from your UBI net banking account online. We have come to the end of the article and hope we have clarified all your queries and doubts. In case you have any further query, please feel free to leave a comment below. Have a good day!