Ever imagined, you being in a mall and after the heavy shopping, slipping your hand into the purse only to realize that you are not carrying your card with you? what would one do in such a situation?
HDFC Bank is a pioneer in having Internet Banking facility and Mobile banking which customers can easily use on their smartphone/computer. HDFC Bank Debit Cards are one the most profitable cards, The Millenia Debit card & Regalia Debit card are very rewarding. One can use them to get cashback online and earn reward points. Due to some cases, if you happen to not have your HDFC debit card with you, but urgently need money and do a online transactions, then you may get curious to see virtual debit card online. In this article, we will exactly discuss how one can see virtual debit card in HDFC and know whether it is possible to see online.
How to see Virtual Debit Card in HDFC bank online?
As of now, you cannot view your personal card credentials. Only the first four and the last four digits of the debit card is visible with the help of internet banking or you can use the Mobile app by downloading it from playstore. But one should remember their card details such as CVV, card number, expiry date to enter while carrying out the process online.
Also before you using the card online, make sure to activate online transactions for your HDFC card using internet banking. Here is how it is done.
To activate online transactions for HDFC debit card
- For the activation process to begin, one must have an Internet banking user id/customer id and password which will help in logging in to the account.
- Visit the HDFC netbanking website on your smartphones or laptop– hdfcbank.com
- Insert your user id/customer id in the box and enter the password.
- Now, from the main menu, ctap on ‘Cards’ option.
- You can see the ‘Debit card‘ option on the left side menu, tap it.
- Under debit card, click on the ‘Request’ option.
- Under the requests menu, click on the ‘Set Card controls/Usage Limit‘.
- Now on the new displayed page, select the card number from the drop-down list.
- You can now enable the Ecom transaction, Pos transaction.
- You can set the limit for each transaction as well.
- At last, click on the Continue button, and from the next page, confirm the changed limits.
- That’s it, Your new limit and online transactions are now activated.
Mostly asked question:
Can we use the card to withdraw cash?
No. Card can only be used to make online payments, so its not possible to use the NetSafe card to withdraw money.
What is NetSafe HDFC?
NetSafe is a new and different online payment option. Its very secure solution and payment option in HDFC Bank. NetSafe helps in generating a unique virtual debit card number using, the basic physical Visa Debit/Credit or Mastercard Debit/Credit Card. So here your physical card number gets safe from being exposed on the internet.
How should I use a virtual card?
There is no different rule for it. You can access your virtual debit card number just as you use your actual card. When you are done shopping, do the checkout process. Then do your payments using your virtual card number. Virtual card numbers generally work with any online merchant that accepts card payments.
Can you transfer money from a virtual card?
Yes. transfer of funds is possible to your bank through the virtual card just like you would transfer them from a regular card. The virtual visa card has a card number, CVV and expiration date just like a normal card. You should be able to allow transfers to the bank account by logging in to your online account.
Official Website : www.hdfcbank.com
Customer care number : Customer care number is available for every state, you make check it on the official website.
Email Address : LEA.Communication@hdfcbank.com
So through this article, you might have had a clear idea of how to see virtual debit card in HDFC bank. we have figured out that there is no method to see the card details online. However, to use the card online, you have to activate online transactions using internet banking. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the process explained in this article, let us know in the comment section below and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.
Thank you for reading!